Is your business currently looking for new hires?
Did you know that there is an NSW government initiative designed to encourage NSW businesses to hire employees & grow?
So if you’re planning to hire a new employee, you might want to check out this article so your business won’t be missing out on up to $6,000 per new employee hired.
The Jobs Action Plan is a key priority of the New South Wales (NSW) government. The plan provides eligible NSW businesses with a payroll tax rebate when they employ new workers in new eligible employment.
This scheme has been extended to 30 June 2019 and restructured from 31 July 2016, to focus on businesses with 50 or fewer full time equivalent employees and with the payroll tax rebate increased from $5,000 to $6,000. New jobs commencing on or after 31 July 2016 will receive a rebate of $2,000 payable on the first anniversary and $4,000 on the second anniversary.
Part-Time employee’s rebate will be pro-rated based on full time equivalent hours of employment.
The rebate is available for eligible jobs commencing on or after 1 July 2011 and before 1 July 2019. In addition, new job registration must be made within 90 days of the job commencement date.
Are you eligible to claim the Jobs Action Plan Rebate?
The employment of a new employee, based in NSW, is eligible for the Jobs Action Plan Rebate if:
- Employed, Full-Time, Part-Time or on a casual basis, in a position that is a new job.
- The employment commences on or after 1 July 2011.
- Maintained employment for a period of at least 2 years
- Performance of employee services are wholly or mainly in NSW.
- The new employee does not fall into one of the exclusion categories (i.e. hiring an ex employee, contractor or apprentice).
How can you apply?
The Jobs Action Plan Rebate is administered by the Office of State Revenue who provides an online platform to register and lodge claims. The OSR strictly require registration for the rebate within 90 days of each new employees start date. To claim the first instalment of the rebate and assess its eligibility, the claim is then revisited after 12 months. Again, after another 12 months to claim the second instalment of the rebate.
You will need the following information handy to register and claim the Jobs Action Plan Rebate:
- Your NSW client ID and Correspondence number.
- New employee details including date-of-birth, job title and address.
- Your NSW workforce full-time equivalent number. Just before hiring the new employee and also at the 12 and 24 month anniversary dates.
For more information on claiming Jobs Action Plan rebate you can contact us at 02 4732 3844 or visit https://judgeaccountants.com.au for an Australia-wide service.