Are you a small business in NSW?
Have you recently or are you thinking of hiring an employee for a new job?
If so, you may be eligible for the NSW Small Business Grant.
The NSW Small Business Grant is designed to encourage small businesses that do not pay payroll tax to employ new full-time, part-time and casual workers, and expand their business. Businesses that increase the number of NSW Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) employees will receive a grant for each additional employee in a new position at the anniversary date of employment. A business’ FTE employees is the total paid hours worked by all employees (i.e. full-time, part-time and casual) during a week divided by the average hours worked by a full-time employee. The NSW Small Business Grant amount is $2,000 for full time employees and is a one off payment, for each new position. For part time or casual employees, the grant amount will be pro-rata based on FTE hours of employment.
Employers are required to register their business and the employment of a person in a position that is a new job. When registering a new job, employers are required to advise the number of FTE employees immediately before the position was filled. Registration for the grant can be made within 60 days after the employment starts.
Is my business eligible?
To be eligible for the NSW Small Business Grant your business must:
- have an active ABN
- not have a payroll tax liability, during the 12 month employment period of a new person as at 30 June of the financial year.
What is constitutes eligible employment?
- the person is employed in a position that is a new job
- the employment commences on or after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019
- the employment is maintained for a period of 12-months
- your number of NSW FTE employees, prior to creating a new position increases and is maintained over a 12-month period
- the services of the employee are performed wholly or mainly in NSW.
How do I claim the grant?
The NSW Small Business Grant can be claimed online via http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/sbg/online.
Where eligibility criteria are met, the claim may be lodged within 60 days after the 12 month anniversary date. Employers must provide supporting evidence in their application, which may include their most recent Business Activity Statement, personnel or wage records and Workcover records.
Please contact us on 02 4732 3844 or email@example.com to arrange a suitable time to discuss your specific situation.